Wednesday, December 15, 2010

+1 more year

Another B'day, another Greet
Friend's uncanny smile with words of 'Treat'
Some wished me because others did the same
Some wanna play "You didn't wish me on my B'day" Game.

Some say I should fly, some don't see a reason why
Some always pull me down; some help me reach the sky.
Well, this is called Life and this is how it works
Some say it's a blessing, some say it's a curse.


Another B'day and today I miss my Dad more
All memories flashed back, of the day, he entered Heaven's door.
I was controlling the ventilator and mom was rubbing his feet
His body turned cold when his heart, permanently, skipped the beat.

He wanted his son to save him but I was helpless,
His body was motionless but I know he was restless.
He kept smiling at me and left all of us in tears
He was a true gentleman who lived his Life without fears.


Another B'day and, I realize, I still love my Ex-Girl
She was my life, yes, she was my priceless Pearl.
I still remember the day when she first kissed me through the phone
That was the day I realized, she was one of my own.

My Life's TRP has decreased drastically,
Her betrayal graph zoomed up fantastically.
I cried and realized I was going nowhere,
She smiled b'coz she knew she was going somewhere.


Another B'day, another Regret
I still remember the things which I want to forget.
Many mistakes made, yes, it was my bad,
I wanna go back in time and save my Dad.

Of all the things I have lost, HOPE was the most important
When my future becomes my present, it's mostly rotten.
My life is like a Rubik cube - Too much colour too much square
It's filled with unwanted guilt, too much worry, too much fear.


Another B'day and I carry the burden of growing old
There are piles of stories still untold.

Another B'day and there is nothing new in it
I don't feel like celebrating b'coz Papa, there is no 'YOU' in it.

Another B'day and I am still expecting her call
I hope she is happy, I pray she never falls.

Another B'day, +1 more year
I lost my near, strangers became my dear.


Life will keep on moving, no matter how many Hiccups
You may encounter speed-brakers but there are much more Pick-up's
Don't lose heart, don't lose focus, and don’t lose your dream
God always test you before giving - It's his pet scheme.




                                                                        - J.Walia

No comments: